Fair Trade is way of doing business that helps small-scale, family farmers and their communities thrive. Fair Trade brings farmers closer to consumers and delivers more dollars back to farm communities.
Fair Trade includes:
- Direct purchasing from small farmers and their co-operatives.
- Negotiated prices that provide for a dignified livelihood.
- A promise by importers to make affordable credit available to the farmer co-operatives.
- A worldwide network of non-profit certifying organizations.
- A fee paid by the importers and wholesalers to cover the cost of certification.
- A seal that assures consumers that a product was fairly traded.
Look for Fair Trade seals on many of our products, both imported and domestic.
For more information about issues around trade: